Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Puzzle Quest for Wii

I just finished Puzzle Quest for Wii. It tried to play to my previous addictions of both puzzle games and fantasy RPGs. The puzzle aspect isn't near as good as Tetris or Dr. Mario, and the RPG aspect isn't near as good as any Final Fantasy game, but it certainly was addictive. The game plays like bejeweled, but clearing gems gives you powers or does damage to your enemies. The game has the depth of hundreds of items and spells, and you have to clear unique screens to get the learn spells or forge new items, but you basically can get through the game by just playing hundreds of enemy screens over and over until your enemies are all dead.

I really can't figure out why I played it to the end when it is so repetitive, other than it is inexplicably addictive. (and I have to finish games I start)

No comments: