Monday, May 3, 2010

First 10k run (and a couple more 5ks)

During Oct, Nov, and December, I ran in two more 5km runs and my first 10km.


I ran in the "Cowboys and Kids 5k" at the Mesquite Rodeo Arena in October. Janina also ran in this one. I finished with a new personal best of 28:09. There was a big hill about 2.5 miles into the race that was quite painful.


I did my first 10k in November. It was the Arbor Day run in Plano. It was a great event with lots of music and food at the finish area. I finished in 1:03:43 so breaking the 1hr mark is an obvious goal for the next one.


I did the "Rudolf Run" 5k in December in downtown Allen. It was below freezing. Even though I went to the restroom right before the start, I still needed to pee by mile 2. My knee started to hurt pretty bad with about a mile left and I had to stop and stretch and then walk a bit. My time ended up 28:54. So the 28:09 from October will have to be broken at the next one.

No comments: